Featured Post

Now Shipping! Brunswick Stew: A Virginia Tradition & Virginia Barbecue: A History

Brunswick Stew: A Virginia Tradition and Virginia Barbecue: A History  available in stores and at online booksellers now! Virginia B...

Friday, June 22, 2012

Jerked and Grilled Veggies


Here is a great recipe for grilling vegetables. I cooked these to go with some pork chops that I was grilling but they are so good I thing they would be great with beef or chicken and even by themselves. Here is how I made the dish.

I cut some bell peppers, Anaheim peppers, and onions into little square like shapes about the size of a U.S. quarter. I also sliced some mushrooms and tomatoes. I cut some fresh pineapple into chunks. I put them in a large bowl and poured over a little olive oil. I used just enough to give all the pieces of the vegetables a light coat of the oil after tossing them in it. Then, I sprinkled on a generous amount of dry jerk seasoning and mixed well. I put the veggies in the fridge and let them marinate for about 2 hours.

I fired up my grill and got a really hot bed of coals going. I grilled the veggies long enough for them to get a nice bit of browning and "grill" marks. Then, I put them in an aluminum pan and sealed it up well with foil. You could use a plastic container with a lid, a bowl wrapped with foil, or even a zip lock, food safe plastic bag. I then let them steam from the temperature of their own heat while I grilled up the chops.

The vegetables come out tender and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment